TOPCON Ag Online Store: Data Collection Policy
The Digi-Star Commitment to Customer Business Data
We believe that insights from the data of our customers will be key in meeting our industry's collective goal to produce enough food and to build the infrastructure required to sustain a growing world population. We also believe that companies providing data services should have effective processes that ensure privacy, security and control for their customers.
Keeping your trust is important to us, so we have three principles that reflect our core values of integrity, quality, commitment and innovation. These emphasize our commitment to building a secure data sharing and storage platform based on three principles:
- Importance – The data you supply to us is important to you, and if you choose to share it, this is because the data is important to others.
- Transparency – We want you to understand what we do, why we do it and what it means to you.
- Control – You are in control of the data that's collected and with whom it is shared. That's why you must give your permission before Digi-Star shares your data with anyone.
These principles will guide Digi-Star's decisions as we continue the relationship we've been building with our customers for more than 30 years.
Last Updated: July 16, 2015
Digi-Star Policy Statement for Data Services and Subscriptions
Effective Date: September 2, 2014
This policy explains the types of business information that we collect through the Digi-Star On-Line software systems and how we may use and disclose this information. It provides information about how we maintain, use, disclose and protect your business information. It also describes your options in the event you do not want us using or disclosing your business information for certain purposes in the future. The "Data Services and Subscriptions" governed by this policy can be found https://topconagstore.com
Children under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at 1-800-225-7695 or at TAASales@Topcon.com
- How we collect data from you
This policy applies to information we collect from you, including information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
• Automatically as you navigate through this Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
• Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
2. How we classify, use, and disclose your business data. When hosting or managing business data that you bring to us, we distinguish among Production Data, Machine Data, and Other Data:
Production Data is information specific to the work our customers do with their equipment and the land on which the work is performed. For example, field task details, material moved, crop harvested or feed loaded & unloaded. We use Production Data only as follows:
- We, and our service partners, affiliates and suppliers, use Production Data to provide you with contracted services and offerings and to administer your account.
- We may anonymize Production Data to create anonymized data sets, unless you indicate that we may not do so via the Beta Test agreement. Please note that we consider any anonymized datasets that result from our anonymization processes to be proprietary to Digi-Star. Digi-Star will be free to use, sell and disclose the anonymized datasets, and Digi-Star may offer or sell information and services that are derived from the anonymized datasets. If you choose to opt out of this data anonymization, your choice will apply prospectively only and Digi-Star will have no obligation with respect to any anonymized datasets that were generated prior to your opt-out selection.
- Digi-Star may disclose Production Data to comply with court orders and legal or regulatory requirements; to prevent injury, death, losses, fraud or abuse; to protect Digi-Star's rights or to defend Digi-Star in legal proceedings; and to comply with requests from you.
Machine Data is information associated with how equipment is functioning. Examples include length of battery charge, software and indicators, diagnostic codes and load cell performance. We use Machine Data only as follows:
- We, and our service partners, affiliates and suppliers, use Machine Data to provide you with enhanced services and offerings and to administer your account.
- We, and our service partners, affiliates and suppliers, may use Machine Data to develop and improve products and services.
- We may share Machine Data with Digi-Star dealers so that they can support you, unless you affirmatively restrict access to specific dealers via the Beta Test agreement options.
- We may anonymize Machine Data to create anonymized data sets, unless you indicate that we may not do so via the Beta Test agreement options. Please note that we consider any anonymized datasets that result from our anonymization processes to be proprietary to Digi-Star. Digi-Star will be free to use, sell and disclose the anonymized datasets, and Digi-Star may offer or sell information and services that are derived from the anonymized datasets. If you choose to opt out of this data anonymization, your choice will apply going forward only, and Digi-Star will have no obligation with respect to any anonymized datasets that were generated prior to your opt-out selection.
- Digi-Star may internally use, view or research Machine Data to identify trends for statistical analysis, in connection with warranty, product support and for diagnostic or prognostic purposes.
- Digi-Star may disclose Machine Data to comply with court orders and legal or regulatory requirements; to prevent injury, death, losses, fraud or abuse; to protect Digi-Star's rights or to defend Digi-Star in legal proceedings; and to comply with requests from you.
Other Data is information used by Digi-Star only to support you. Examples include variable rate prescriptions, user-entered notes and user-formatted reports. We do not anonymize Other Data for external sharing even if you opt to allow Digi-Star to anonymize Machine and Production Data for external sharing. We use Other Data only as follows:
- We, and our service partners, affiliates, and suppliers, use Other Data to provide you with contracted services and offerings and to and administer your account.
- Digi-Star may disclose Other Data to comply with court orders and legal or regulatory requirements; to prevent injury, death, losses, fraud or abuse; to protect Digi-Star's rights or to defend Digi-Star in legal proceedings; and to comply with requests from you.
As between you and Digi-Star, you are responsible for ensuring that you have the right to transfer and license any data that you bring to Digi-Star.
3. You control who sees your business data. You control the business data you bring to us, subject to Digi-Star's rights of use identified above:
- Sharing. You may share and disclose your data per the Beta Test agreement. As noted above, you control which dealers have access to data in your account; and you also control other parties' access and visibility into the data in your account.
- Managing. You may request to view, analyze and download some data in your account via the tools and settings provided with your account or by contacting Digi-Star LLC via email or in writing.
- Deletion. You may request that we delete Machine Data, but doing so may limit our ability to support you; and in some cases may constitute a termination under the terms of any applicable Beta Test agreements or product development contracts between you and us (please review the terms of any such contract for details). You may delete Production and Other Data directly via the tools and settings provided with your account or by contacting Digi-Star LLC via email or in writing. Please note that, unless you delete your business data as provided, Digi-Star may, but is not obligated to, retain the data indefinitely. After expiration of any applicable Data Service and Subscription contract, we may delete data at our discretion and subject to requirements in applicable privacy, consumer protection or other laws.
4. How we protect your business information. We understand the need to safeguard business information that you provide to us. We have implemented and will maintain standards and procedures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls with backup. Any payment transactions and personal information and addresses will be encrypted using SSL technology. We educate our employees about the importance of data security and customer service through standard operating procedures and special training programs. We maintain security standards and procedures to help prevent unauthorized access to information about you and we update and test our technology to improve the protection of your business data. We comply with all applicable laws, including data privacy and consumer protection laws. Please note that we may move data across jurisdictions and may store your business data outside your home country, including in the United States.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Sharing Personal Information. We will not share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to TAASales@Topcon.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at TAASales@Topcon.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com or write us at: Digi-Star LLC, W5527 Hwy 106, Fort Atkinson, WI 53538
TAASales@Topcon.com or write us at: Digi-Star LLC, W5527 Hwy 106, Fort Atkinson, WI 53538 or via our toll-free number: 1-800-225-7695